Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Victory for people's rights over the government

Anthony J. Graber was (and likely still is) an idiot for videoing his motorcycle runs where he speeds and drives recklessly.
But, according to a judge, he is not a criminal for making or posting the video.
Police charged him with an unconstitutional "wiretap" law that claims we have no right to record what the cops do in a public setting and the judge decided they have no right to privacy in a public traffic stop.

I support the right of the police to record us and use the video evidence in court (no matter how pissed I might be if it catches me in violation of the law), but I believe we have the reciprocal right to present our side.
My main reason for this is that there are too many cases where a cop wins in court because the judge will side with them over us.
I am also sick and tired of seeing lowlifes on TV claiming they or their relatives/friends are innocent and the cops were the bad guys because there is no video to show the cops had every right to beat/stun/shoot the person they are defending.
Video doesn't lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment