Friday, April 16, 2010

Obama orders Gay visitation rights

President Obama ordered HHS Secretary Sibelius to issue rules allowing non-traditional couples visitation and health decision rights where their significant others are concerned. I can see the hospital legal departments pulling their hair out over this one.
I personally do not understand why people that you care about can't visit you in the hospital if they aren't related by blood or marriage, but I do understand limiting the numbers to a manageable few.
I also think that single people should not have to go to a lawyer just to assign to someone the legal right to decide for them if they cannot communicate or are no longer considered competent.
Under the new rules, you will likely be able to visit just about anyone you have even a tenuous connection to because the hospital cannot prove you don't have a right.
I see lawsuits...they are everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment